Subscribe to Blog
- As Populism Surges Globally, Governments Must Respond Accordingly
- With Seniors’ Healthcare At Risk, Congress Cannot Strike Midnight Deal
- Why Businesses Need to Engage in the Fight Against Gun Violence
- ‘Assertive Democratic Idealism’ Needed to Solve Venezuelan Crisis
- Investigations Remain Important, But Bipartisan Policies Are Now Essential
- barack obama
- byline=doug schoen
Tag Archives: prevention
America and guns: Why do so many stoke paranoia about firearms?
My town, New York City, enforces rigid gun laws. Police refused to assign me a gun permit. The law doesn’t even let me hold a fake gun on TV to demonstrate something. But New York politicians are so eager to…
Gun-free zones are killing us
Hours before the latest shooting at a movie theater in Louisiana, President Obama lamented what he regards as his greatest failure as president – his inability to pass gun control measures. In an interview with the BBC, he complained that…
Chattanooga shootings: Why should we make it easy for killers to attack our military?
Why Tom Brady may have a strong case for a lawsuit against the NFL
There is no nationwide crime wave (and police killings are not up)
Texas gov poised to roll back 140-year-old open carry gun ban
Murder capital: Baltimore’s homicide explosion in wake of Freddie Gray case dwarfs rate of similar cities
Could lead paint have played a role in Freddie Gray’s death?
The death of Freddie Gray in Baltimore last month is a tragedy that has conjured strong feelings on race, poverty, and violence in its wake. As journalists and investigators try to answer the question of who Gray was and what…