President Obama has one hilarious week in front of him. At least that’s how the headline in the New York Daily News put it: “Hilarious week lined up for Obama, prez to appear on Fallon, Kimmel to roast him at White House dinner.”
Yes Mr. President, you can expect to be hosted and roasted this week by the premiere comics in our land. Laughter is good for the soul and I hope you enjoy all the hilarity that may ensue.
It seems important to me to point out, that very few, and I mean very few, Americans feel that, given the story state of our nation, this will be a week of laughter to revel in. ;
Here are 9 reason why: ;
1. Just this morning an Associated Press report by Hope Yen, points out that the graduating class of 2012 from our nation’s university campuses is in for a rough go. They are being added to the pool of recent college graduates who are already discovering roughly only one out of every two are able to find work, and of those that do, frequently they are underemployed.
2. The London Daily Mail is reporting that the cost to tax-payers for the investigative team to get into Cartagena, Columbia, launch the probe, conduct the level of investigation needed and ultimately hold the wrong doing secret service personnel responsible will exceed $1.5 million dollars. ;
Considering the pictures of Secretary of State Clinton “clubbing it,” our representatives to the Summit of the Americas getting caught flat-footed on Argentina’s oil theft from Spain, and ;President Obama joking that Cartagena was looking like a place he and Michelle would like to find a vacation home near, pretty much everything associated with that summit made America look laughable.
3. The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops announced this ;weekend that they will formally oppose the president on his faux compromise in the Health and Human Services mandate forcing employers to bend to the moral contraception view of the White House. Going so far as to call on Catholics and other people of conscience to willfully disobey the mandate telling the president they are willing to go to prison rather than comply with the mandate’s provisions.
4. The Washington Free Beacon reported earlier this month that while the White House and their DNC surrogates were criticizing GOP policies towards women, and in many cases women themselves, that it was the Executive branch that was discriminating against women by paying them nearly 18% less than male counterparts, doing the same jobs at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.
5. Several media outlets have given us in-depth reports over the course of the last two weeks as to the width and depth of the GSA wrong-doings. And, instead of the Obama administration firing the political appointees that are in charge of the mess, we learned that they were given paid leave, paid thousands in tax-payer funded bonuses, and when asked to account for the deeds before Congress, they pleaded the fifth.
6. Townhall’s Katie Pavlich, through her extensive reporting, and now new best-selling book “Fast and Furious” has uncovered yet a third firearm allegedly used in the murder of our own Border Patrol agents. U.S. Attorney General Holder has yet to answer for his actions, the president’s fecklessness, and the administration’s cover-up, denial, and refusal to take responsibility in the matter.
7. Fox News continues to report the details on the use of tax-payer resources to allow the Secretary of Defense to return home some 27 times since being named to the post at a cost of $32,000 per trip.
8. The White House’s own website gives us the details of yet another unabashed power grab the president took for himself in the execution of Executive Order 13,547. The order essentially gives President Obama even more power of our oceans, our coasts, and Great Lakes. ;
The policy is preventing oil and gas development, and almost any new kind of exploration of energy in the regions. Congress, awakening to the impact of the implementation in 2010, is now warning of the dire impact the effects of the vaguely defined order are beginning to have.
9. The New York Post reported this past weekend that even the president had attempted to redirect nearly $8.3 billion dollars from the Health and Human Services department in order to stave off adverse impact of some of the more oppressive aspects of ObamaCare until after the election in November. ;
Evidently the Government Accountability Office saw through the ploy as a bit of a questionable use of funds and has slapped back at the administration disallowing the redirection.
Oh then there’s all the economy, unemployment, soon-to-come tax increases on small businesses, and the rest of the stuff that voters are dealing with in their day to day lives.
So Mr. President, enjoy your week of laughs. I hope you enjoy it. Just, please, don’t be too offended if we don’t feel much like laughing. ;
Kevin McCullough is the nationally syndicated host of ;“The Kevin McCullough Show” weekdays & “Baldwin/McCullough Radio” Saturdays (9-11pm ET) on more than 500 stations. ;His newest best-selling hardcover from Thomas Nelson Publishers, ;“No He Can’t: How Barack Obama is Dismantling Hope and Change” ;is in stores now.